Job title: Amazon Delivery Truck Driver ($17.50hr) / Helper ($15.50hr)
Company: Double Z Distribution, LLC
Job description: Become an Amazon Delivery Associate Box Truck Driver or Helper with Double Z Distribution
***New Trucks – Starting pay $15.50 (Helpers) – $17.50 (Experienced Drivers) per hour***
Double Z Distribution is an Amazon Delivery Service Partner that is owned and operated by a Nebraska native and 27 year Military veteran. We deliver packages and smiles to Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa every day. We are looking for dedicated individuals who are inspired and motivated to work smart and work hard in a team environment. As a delivery associate, you will be the face of our company and work with a partner to deliver items that may require team lifts. It will be your job to consistently exceed customer expectations by making sure all orders are delivered with a smile, on time, safely, and to the right location. Currently, we are looking to fill full-time driver and helper positions in Omaha.
***New 16 ft and 24 ft Amazon Branded Trucks, material handling equipment and distribution center make for an exciting opportunity in a fast paced, fun organization. Qualified Applicants are Encouraged to Apply ***
Delivery Associate Responsibilities:
- Drivers drive a DOT Regulated, non-Commercial Driver’s License delivery truck to drop off Amazon packages to customers within their community. Helpers ride along in a delivery truck to help deliver Amazon packages to customers within their community.
- Drivers must be able to remain compliant to operate a DOT Regulated vehicle, including obtaining a Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- You must be able to move boxes in excess of 50 lbs., and work with a Delivery Helper(s) for boxes more than 50 lbs.
- You must follow strict safety standards on and off the road
- You must be able to easily get in and out of the van, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You can plan on working about 4-5 days a week
- You can plan on a typical working day being 10 hours
- You’ll secure packages to ensure no damage is caused to customer shipments.
- You’ll inspect vehicle equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water.
- You’ll interact with Amazon customers and the public in a professional and positive manner
- You’ll use handheld technology to manage the delivery process
Delivery Associate Requirements:
We provide on-the-job training so that all of our employees feel confident on the road and the doorsteps of customers. Our main priority is associates that we can trust to drive safely and deliver on time.
- Drivers must be 23 years of age or older (Helpers, 18) with the ability to read and speak English for safety
- Have a valid driver’s license within the state of employment (a commercial driver’s license (CDL) is not required
- Drivers will be required to have a Department of Transportation (DOT) medical screen completed as part of the application process.
- Consent to pre-employment and random drug tests
- Be able to operate and navigate a 16 ft or 24 ft delivery truck (you do not need to provide your own vehicle)
- Be able to individually lift a maximum of 50 pounds and team lift heavier items during a 10-hour work shift
- Appropriately handle stressful driving demands including heavy traffic, narrow streets, and inclement weather conditions
- Demonstrate strong communication and team work skills
What is an Amazon delivery service partner?
Amazon has partnered with local Delivery Service Partners (DSPs), independent delivery organizations that help Amazon deliver thousands of packages to customers every day. As an employee of an Amazon delivery service partner (DSP), you will work directly for the DSP that operates out of a local Amazon delivery station
Location: Omaha, NE
Job date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 07:21:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!