Job title: Extra Help/Career Services Graphic Designer Internship (Multiple Hires)
Company: University of Arkansas System
Job description: Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter “Find Jobs” in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position: Clerical
Workstudy Position: No
Job Type: Temporary (Fixed Term)
Sponsorship Available: No
Institution Name: University of Arkansas at Little Rock
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a metropolitan research university that provides an accessible, quality education through flexible learning and unparalleled internship opportunities. At UA Little Rock, we prepare our more than 8,900 students to be innovators and responsible leaders in their fields. Committed to its metropolitan research university mission, UA Little Rock is a driving force in Little Rock’s thriving cultural community and a major component of the city and state’s growing profile as a regional leader in research, technology transfer, economic development, and job creation.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please contact Human Resources at 501-916-3180.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at 501-916-3180.
Department: Brittany Straw – Career Services
Summary of Job Duties: The Career Service Intern graphic designer is responsible for Designing or creating graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects.
This Career Services Intern will work no more than 15 hours a week and make minimum wage. Interns will meet weekly with their supervisors. The interns will provide assistance to their supervisors. This position is governed by state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Recommended Majors: Art, Applied Design, Applied Communication, Business Analytics, WebDesign & Development, Mass Communication, Marketing.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written);
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign;
- Proficient in Google Suite.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support and assistance to supervisor;
- Employs best practices when writing for the print or the web;
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type;
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design;
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts;
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Web sites;
- Use computer software to generate new images;
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed;
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products;
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or supervisors and making necessary changes;
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer;
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for clients or supervisors;
- Provides support and assists in the planning, production and design of on-brand print materials;
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of digital design assets for the website, marquee, and social media;
- Edits and organizes design projects using university taxonomy and the university’s Digital Asset Management software;
- Provides support in communicating with clients in order to ensure timely execution of projects;
Other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple projects, collaborate across teams as well as work independently;
- Ability to think, reason, and make sound judgments on how responsibilities are completed in compliance; with college standards;
- Ability to work under pressure and set priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Adequate computer skills;
- Ability to communicate both orally & in writing;
- Assist with the design and execution of graphics;
- Possess thoughtful, creative and strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in physical production – mock-ups, mounting, in-house printing;
- Ability to think, reason and make sound judgments on how responsibilities are completed in compliance with college standards;
- Ability to work under pressure and set priorities within a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to travel to various campus locations as needed.
Please upload all required documents in the “Attachment” section, if you want to be considered for this position. You must submit all documents before you hit the submit application button.
Salary Information: 1650
Required Documents to Apply: Resume
Optional Documents: Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Diversity Statement, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information: Kevin Bontempo, Career Specialist, [email protected]
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements: No Background Check Required
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Constant Physical Activity: Repetitive Motion, Sitting, Talking, Walking
Frequent Physical Activity: Hearing, Sitting, Talking
Occasional Physical Activity: Repetitive Motion, Sitting, Standing, Talking, Walking
Benefits Eligible: No
Job date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 00:35:13 GMT