Job title: Quality Lab Technician
Company: Prysmian Group
Job description: Prysmian, headquartered in Milan, Italy, is a leader in the development, design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of copper, aluminum and fiber optic wire and cable products for the communications, energy, industrial and specialty markets. The Company offers competitive strengths in such areas as breadth of product line, brand recognition, distribution and logistics, service and operating efficiency. Communications wire and cable products transmit low-voltage signals for voice, data, video and control applications. Energy cables include low-, medium- and high-voltage power distribution and power transmission products. The Industrial and Specialty segment is comprised of application-specific cables for uses such as electrical power generation (traditional fuels, alternative and renewable sources, and distributed generation), the oil, gas and petrochemical industries, mining, industrial automation, marine, military and aerospace applications, power applications in the telecommunications industry, and other key industrial segments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interprets engineering and industry specifications and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and test products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, mechanical and electrical characteristics
- Record test data, applying quality control procedures
- Evaluate data and documents deviations from existing standards
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production procedures to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on material or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics
- Enters data into computer for analysis
- Assist with complaint analysis and corrective actions
- Pay attention to ensure own safety and others who may be visiting the work area
- Keep good housekeeping around all work areas
- Support continuous improvement projects and 6S events
- Support Layered Process Audits as scheduled
- Interact with external customers, inspectors and auditors as needed
- Performs other tasks as requested by Quality Manager
- Experience with wire and cable testing, fiber optic, flame testing, electrical and mechanical testing
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Solid computer skills (Windows XP, MS Word, MS Excel) and writing ability
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and operational focus
- Must be able to communicate effectively both oral and written with other associates, technicians, engineers and customers
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvements
- Preferred Associates Degree in chemical or mechanical discipline and/or relevant experience
Prysmian Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Location: Willimantic, CT
Job date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 22:24:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!