Job title: Regional Human Resource Manager
Job description: As a Regional Human Resource Manager, you will provide comprehensive HR support in the areas of employee relations, talent acquisition and management, compensation, employment law/compliance, benefits, and learning and development. This role serves as a strategic business partner in executing the design, implementation, administration, and monitoring of best practices and programs within a specified region. You will always conduct business with the highest level of integrity and professionalism in handling sensitive and confidential information. You’ll lead by example, positively communicating and demonstrating the company’s Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and staff, building strong teams and partnerships, and driving results. You will administer policies relating to all phases of human resources activity, and will develop and implement programs to align work force and key business initiatives through use of organizational effectiveness interventions.
General Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Guide and advise management in employment issues and performance management issues including interviewing, laws, company policy, transfers, demotions, suspensions, disciplinary actions and dismissals, etc. Investigate employee relation issues and make recommendations for actions.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, benefits and TranSystems programs. Facilitate communication between employees and/or among employees and management. Use a fair and objective perspective to guide others through problem-solving and conflict resolution processes.
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state and local legal requirements and federal reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Review employee transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, and salary changes for accuracy and company compliance before approving and updating into HRIS. Complete data entry to ensure HRIS and internal reports are updated with accurate employee information.
- Process drug screens, background checks and other safety related requirements (e.g., Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)) for new hires and employees working on related projects. Partner with Safety Director on resolution to questions or issues with safety-related background checks & drug screening.
- Partner with internal departments to effectively manage all aspects of employment including, but not limited to talent acquisition, employee leaves of absence, workplace accommodations, Workers Compensation issues, and unemployment claims.
- Support acquisition activity as needed, including collection of data, creation of reports, identification and submission of policies, data entry, employee orientation, etc.
- Coordinate new employees first day with local offices, ensuring necessary paperwork is completed, employee attends orientations, and necessary documentation is provided to new employee.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with an emphasis in in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred; however, candidates with at least 12 years of progressive HR Generalist or HR Business Partner experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- 7+ years progressive HR Generalist and/or HR Business Partner experience including, but not limited to, exposure to recruitment compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, performance management, and organizational development. HR experience at an Architecture/Engineering/Consulting or other professional services firm is preferred.
- PHR / SPHR or SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP certifications are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels in the organization. Excellent facilitation and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information and operate in highly sensitive situations
- Advanced knowledge of human resource laws, practices and procedures, and federal, state and local labor regulations. Knowledge of and experience with CA laws and regulations are a plus.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly changing environment while prioritizing assignments with competing and constantly changing priorities. Demonstrated ability to effectively sequence and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to apply interpersonal skills to influence and coach others to accomplish objectives. Effective at building relationships,
- Ability to independently to define and solve problems and make decisions, including ability to collect, analyze and interpret data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 07:24:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!