Job title: Richmond Lead Lean Leader
Company: General Electric
Job description: Drive lean initiatives across the site including lean flow line creation, conducting action workouts (AWO’s), and leading lean culture. Work with Plant Leadership team to establish a customer-based improvement strategy, which drives safety, customer responsiveness, lead time reduction, quality improvement, and cost reductions in line with business/functional objectives.
In addition, you will:
- Create the Lean vision and implement a Lean strategy to reduce inventory, lead time, and waste
- Lead and develop Lean Facilitators. Build and develop a Kaizen Promotion Officer (KPO) team and shop.
- Support early integration of Lean principles in product design & process development for New Product Introductions
- Drive measurable improvements in lead-time, customer delivery, productivity, and inventory.
- Develop value stream maps for the Organization and eliminate process waste through implementation of Lean techniques
- Establish and drive a Gemba walk methodology that drives cross functional problem solving on the shop floor
- Prepare Lean review presentations and pitch to business leaders on Lean business reviews.
- Prepare operational budgets to fund Lean annual activities and estimate productivity gains.
- Coach, train and mentor site leadership on the fundamentals and principals of Lean Manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing or services operations
- Lean Action Workout Experience or other hands-on experience in Lean deployment and driving changes in production shop floor through strategic projects
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time, as required
- Previous shop floor operational/leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Six Sigma/Lean Green or Blackbelt Certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- High-Energy, independent thinker; data/fact driven decision maker
- Shingijutsu experience
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Location: Richmond, VA
Job date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 01:38:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!