Job title: RMC Facility Maintenance Technician
Company: Milliken & Company
Job description: Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
RMC Facility Maintenance Technician
This position is located at the Roger Milliken Center in Spartanburg, SC. The Facility Maintenance Technician reports to the Engineering Services Engineer. This position is responsible for providing expedient service to the facility’s equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and quality performance involved with maintaining a corporate campus. Work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00am – 5:00pm. Being on call is a requirement.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Provide scheduled maintenance repairs of HVAC equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of HVAC equipment, restroom facilities, offices, ponds, pumps, elevators, roofs, minor electrical and minor plumbing
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required equipment service
- Assist other engineering associates to perform work as required to keep facilities and auxiliary equipment in working order
- Inform appropriate management and maintenance associates of potential mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved
- Assist other maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting
Demonstrate a high level of safety consciousness and fully participate in the Milliken Safety Process
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a mechanical or electrical related field is a plus but not required
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical components and equipment
The successful candidate will have strengths in the following:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Work conscientiously and perform detailed, quality work
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Able to work well with various groups of people such as vendors, customers, contractors and Milliken associates whether individually or in a team environment
- Able to work well and communicate with others in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting
- Able to use hand tools and power tools
- Able to lift and move objects of 50 pounds and be capable of using motorized equipment (fork trucks, tuggers, etc.)
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Job date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 06:51:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!