Job title: Security Officer
Company: Ocean Health Initiatives
Job description: Ocean Health Initiatives, Inc. (OHI) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) dedicated to providing quality, accessible and comprehensive primary health care to the residents of Ocean and Monmouth County; regardless of economic status.
Our Health Center Locations: Brick, Freehold, Lakewood, Little Egg Harbor, Manahawkin, Manchester and Toms River; with our school-based Wellness Programs located within the Clifton Ave Grade School, Lakewood; and Lakewood High School.
OHI services include family and internal medicine, pediatrics, behavioral health, nutrition, OB/GYN women’s health, dental, family planning, specialty care, pharmacies, PrEP, and a STI clinic.
Reporting to the VP of Operations the Security Officer is responsible for patient and employee safety at all OHI locations.
Primary Responsibilities: * Opens building on time every day.
- Performs various tasks beyond Security relating to front desk procedures with patients and the operation of OHI vehicles.
- Investigates malfunctions observed, including safety/building maintenance issues and reports them.
- Transmits and receives over two-way radio system to other members of the Security Team when necessary.
- Monitors traffic and weather conditions and notifies management of potential problems.
- When needed, shovels snow and salt all walkways around the practice sites to ensure patient and employee safety is maintained.
- When needed facilitates patient’s arrival to practice sites in the EMR system.
- Monitors aggressive patients when needed either by request or as directed by the Security BOLO (be on the lookout) system.
- Assists police as appropriate.
- Completes incident report for patients and OHI Staff containing detailed history of unusual events and maintain log of same.
- Investigates vandalism and reports suspects to police.
- Assist vendors called for repairs with access to troubled area.
- Responsible for accountability of full sharps containers ensuring they are disposed appropriately in designated area
- Participates in events such as health fairs or other outreach programs by maintaining crowd control, clearing parking lot(s) and protecting OHI property.
- Prepares report of daily activities.
- Inventories and assigns laptops to providers.
- Secures all doors at Practice Sites.
- Patrols parking lots every 30 minutes, keeps log of same and ensures adherence to parking regulations.
- Ensures safety for staff and patients.
- Courier service for lab results, medical records and financial documents and delivers supplies as needed.
- In absence of Housekeeping staff removes garbage from site and dispose of appropriately.
- Monitors alarm systems and responds to call from the Alarm Company during off hours (24 hours).
- Relocates office furniture when requested.
- Operates ALL OHI vehicles safely and efficiently.
- In conjunction with the Practice Director ensures safe and timely deposit of all cash receipts.
- Inspects exterior and interior of shuttle van to ensure it is cleaned, fueled and well maintained and functioning properly at all times. Records malfunctioning items or damage on the daily log and submits to Security Manager.
- Constantly strives to achieve excellence in day-to-day operations of respective department.
- Adheres to Corporate Compliance policies.
- Completes all mandatory in-services in a timely fashion and attend all required meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required.
- Associates Degree is preferred.
- 2 – 3 years security guard experience in health care setting is preferred or other related field.
- Computer experience is preferred.
- SORA Certification is required.
- Clear driver’s license.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
401(k) + 5% match
Group Term Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Criminal Background Checks
Location: Toms River, NJ
Job date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 07:53:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!