Job title: Senior Research Associate, Cell & Molecular Biology
Job description: Senior Research Associate, Cell & Molecular Biology
Job ID: 2021-1498
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Research & Development
Neomorph Inc is building the pre-eminent biotech in the protein degradation space. Focusing on next-generation approaches, Neomorph is assembling a world class team to advance the science around this emerging modality and address serious unmet medical needs.
At Neomorph, we aim to solve critical problems in human health by advancing the technology of targeted protein degradation. We will tackle serious diseases that have been considered intractable due to a lack of ‘druggable’ therapeutic targets. The Neomorph founders and management teams are composed of people that have demonstrated years of dedication to the field, and who are responsible for multiple major scientific advances in the space. We are seeking highly engaged and innovative individuals who wish to join us in building a collaborative and people-focused company, centered on scientific excellence in the pursuit of highly impactful and novel therapies.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are a self-motivated scientist with strong experience in cell and molecular biology techniques including tissue culture, lentiviral transduction, and plasmid cloning. You are excited about the opportunity to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment and have an interest in drug development and high-throughput screening.
- Assist in design, organization, and execution of cell line engineering projects
- Support molecular and cell biology platforms for target identification and validation
- Execution of cloning workflows, lentiviral production/transduction, and cell line characterization including western blotting and plate-based luminescence assays
- Document and communicate science effectively
- BS in Cell or Molecular Biology, or related field, with 5+ years or MS with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with lentiviral production/transduction, western blots, PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, and plasmid preps
- Demonstrated experience with mammalian tissue culture
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with record-keeping and data analysis software
- Desire and capacity to participate in a dynamic and fast-paced research setting
- Experience with plasmid cloning approaches including restriction enzyme/ligation, Gibson assembly, Gateway, and Golden Gate
- Familiarity with plate-based high-throughput screening assays
Neomorph provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 07:56:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!