Job title: Spring House Hospitality Attendant
Company: The Beach Company
Job description: Join the Kiawah River family as we launch the much-anticipated Spring House! We are looking to hire enthusiastic individuals who are interested in being part of building our first-ever Spring House crew, a.k.a. the Renaissance Crew. Why Renaissance? This facility is a blossoming operation and requires individuals who are looking for a fun and exciting learning opportunity to develop skills and an understanding of multiple different fields—hospitality, fitness, events, and food and beverage operations.
Kiawah River is a fairly new waterfront community, located on Johns Island, that embraces the Lowcountry sea islands life and is centered on outdoor pursuits with 20 miles of shoreline and 2,000 acres of picturesque land, including multiple working farms, a goat dairy and a Community Support Agriculture (CSA) program. The community vision is to combine residential, retail and hospitality offerings with custom and semi-custom homes featuring high-quality coastal architecture. We are located right off of Betsy Kerrison Parkway, near the River Road intersection and 2.5 miles before you reach the Kiawah-Seabrook roundabout. The commute includes a relaxing and scenic drive past farmland, wildflowers, mossy oaks, and some of our favorite “residents”, the Kiawah River Farm’s cows, goats, pigs, donkeys, and chickens.
The Spring House is set to open late summer and is the first key amenity in the new Kiawah River community and features two pools, an outdoor spa, pool bar, dining room, event space, and a state-of-the-art fitness facility with locker rooms and saunas— all overlooking the scenic Kiawah River.
The Spring House plan for opening is mid- to late-July but we are looking for crew members to start training and preparing for service prior—late June. Shift hours vary from morning to late evening (approximately 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.). Full-time applicants with wide-ranging schedule flexibility will be given first consideration but we are open to hiring individuals who are a good fit that may also have scheduling constraints and/or are only available as part-time employees. The ideal candidate will have good schedule flexibility with the willingness to work weekdays, weekends, and occasional holidays.
We also offer a benefits package that is stellar, including remarkable health benefits, 401K match, generous PTO, employee development to name a few. Of course, these are nicely packaged with commensurate compensation. • • Discounted food and beverage items (based on availability) • Specialized industry training in hospitality, food and beverage, fitness, and recreation.
Our ideal candidates are those who want to have fun at work, are excited to be on the ground floor of a blossoming operation, and are adaptable and open to learning every element of the new facility. This role will rotate responsibilities so that all areas are properly attended to and to provide a unique opportunity to those looking for a multi-faceted learning experience. The rotation of responsibilities is comprised of three major functions (listed below). All three of these functions include additional duties outside of the three roles that are expected of all Spring House employees.
Greeter & Pool Attendant
- Welcome all owners and guests with a great smile and energy
- Follow check-in protocol, provide facility tours, and familiarize residents and guests with all aspects of the Spring House
- Assist with finding guests their “perfect spot” in the sun or shade and note any particular requests or accommodations to prepare for their next visit
- Maintain attendance, note feedback, and logs each day to help inform team members and managers of operations
Fitness & Locker Room Attendant
- Check fitness areas and locker rooms for proper cleanliness and stocking of supplies
- Soap and guest towels for vanity, sauna tools stocked, towels, shampoo/conditioner/body wash for showers, towels & sanitizer for fitness room
- Check and maintain inventory of all guest amenities
Food & Beverage and Event Service
- Assist residents and guests with food and beverage orders, and help run food to patrons
- Assist other food and beverage team members with executing service
- Help to maintain clean environment and follow proper service guidelines as outlined by DHEC and managerial staff
- Assist with events at Spring House and within Kiawah River Community (set-up, breakdown, and during the event)
- Using point-of-sale system to ring in orders and process billing
Experience & Education
- Previous fitness, pool, or food and beverage service experience is preferred but not required
- Applicable experience in hospitality or concierge responsibilities is preferred but not required
- Trained in First Aid/CPR and AED preferred, or can be provided
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Aptitude in resolving issues with a customer-focused orientation
- Ability in multitasking and time-management
- Polite and confident with a great deal of patience
- Comfortable with using technology daily (upon training): point-of-sale, check-in, security, sound systems, reports and logs, etc.
- Personable and positive can-do attitude– remain upbeat throughout service, lots of smiles.
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing operation and daily needs, events, etc.
- Willingness to learn all aspects of each job and take great care of guests.
- Take pride in one’s work, shows up ready for work in appearance and attitude, and motivated to improve each day.
- Be a team player—be ready to jump in when needed for the good of the team and to provide excellent service to fellow coworkers—not just residents and guests.
Willingness to contribute to and foster a work environment where everyone is appreciated, respected, and needed
Location: Johns Island, SC
Job date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 07:14:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!