Job title: Staff Accountant – Chesapeake Hospitality Corporate – Remote
Company: Chesapeake Hospitality
Job description: Overview
Are you looking for an employer that respects your knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit yet provides a framework of guidance and support? Chesapeake Hospitality, one of the country’s top hotel management companies is looking for an organized and detail-oriented Staff Accountant for our corporate office, located in Greenbelt, Maryland, to assist with multi-property Accounting.
Remote opportunity – This position will allow for remote work and will require occasional travel to the corporate office in Greenbelt, MD and our hotels which are primarily on the east coast.
As a Staff Accountant, you would be responsible for supporting the Accounting teams at the corporate and hotel level while abiding by federal, state and company’s policies and procedures. Candidates must have a background in accounting. While hospitality experience is not required, this position calls for flexibility, strong communication skills and the ability to multitask. The Staff Accountant reports to the Director of Hotel Accounting.
- Prepare financial statements
- Perform general accounting functions, including operation of general ledger system, journal entries, balance sheets and month-end close
- Analyze financial information, call attention to trends, collect information and prepare reports
- Prepare bank and other reconciliations
- Prepare recurring and non-recurring journal entries
- Process accounts payable/cash disbursements
- Audit employee expense reports to ensure compliance with expense report policies and proper coding and allocations
- Analyze and process sales tax
- Review and reclassify all entries booked to miscellaneous accounts
- Prepare monthly property bills for all 3rd party vendors
- Maintain required records, reports, and files in an organized manner
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area or are shredded
- Work with Director of Hotel Accounting on special assignments and projects
- Assist employees and third parties with accounting related inquiries
- Some travel might be required for this position
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- A high level of integrity
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- BS in Accounting, Finance or a Business Related field or relevant experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of Accounting experience
- At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred
- Superior MS Office skills and exposure to large accounting software’s like Great Plains, Excel & ADP.
- Knowledge of GAAP, accrual base accounting, organizational auditing, fixed asset accounting, and tax filing requirements not required but a plus
We offer competitive wages and benefits that include:
- A yearly bonus based on the performance of the company
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k retirement plan
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Discount travel program
- Growth opportunity in an evolving organization, and much more.
Career opportunities are endless with Chesapeake Hospitality! With 30+ hotels and restaurants, we welcome the opportunity to develop, grow, promote, and transfer any of our associates to the career they want.
Work Authorization, COVID-19, EEO and ADA Information
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who are offered a position must undergo a background check and drug screening.
We adhere to CDC guidelines. Employees are required to wear a mask at all times. Employees must complete a health questionnaire and have their temperature taken daily. We require strict adherence to all sanitation guidelines including frequent handwashing and 6 feet social distancing.
Chesapeake Hospitality is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all employment decisions are based on merit and the business needs of the company, and not race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law.
We comply with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for employees who qualify for accommodation. If you need an accommodation to complete an application, please contact the Human Resources office of the hotel/restaurant to which you are applying.
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Job date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 23:19:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!