Job title: Standardized Patient Actor (POS1)
Company: Indiana University Health
Job description: Job Description:
Do you have experience in acting or entertainment? IU Health has the positon for you! While working in our incredible Simulation Center as a Standardized Patient Actor, you will simulate a variety of clinical scenarios as depicted by the writer(s) of the specific cases. We are looking for someone who can is comfortable portraying a patient in a hospital gown, allowing health care students to practice physical exams maneuvers and techniques. This individual will perform various duties after training and rehearsal to accurately and consistently portray specific types of patients, knowing the history of their present illness, past medical history, and physical exam results. Any previous experience in healthcare or teaching is a plus.
Apply today and join the IU Health team! Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Requires the ability to utilize specialized terminology applicable to the case.
- Some medical knowledge preferred.
- Requires basic proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Requires 0-3 years of relevant experience; acting experience preferred.
- Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we’re home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
- Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report.
- A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation’s largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
- With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
- At Indiana University Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
- Indiana University Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states.
About the Team: Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We’re looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 03:20:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!