Job title: Supply Chain Professional II – all levels (Repair Materials)
Company: National Steel and Shipbuilding Com
Job description: Job Posting End Date: 7/8/2021
Security Clearance: No Clearance
The primary purpose of this position is to perform SCM tasks in cooperation with and support of NASSCO’s new construction and repair programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: procurement tasks, contract negotiation, program estimates-at-completion (EACs), material forecasting, cost and price analysis, peer audit, material quality management and supplier performance management. The SCP 2 will implement and ensure department compliance with policies and procedures through internal reviews and audits. The SCP 2 will analyze, plan, coordinate, and implement external transportation requirements necessary to support the material delivery function.
This position will be in our Repair Materials dept.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Under general supervision, conduct all aspects of acquisition, manage suppliers and/or perform related inventory/supply analyst functions and cost analyst functions for government and commercial programs and capital projects.
- Analyze and negotiate terms and conditions of purchase orders for the procurement of goods and services. Prepare contract terms and monitor performance of supplier(s). Prepare and issue contract modifications while adhering to budget and schedule.
- Compile and analyze bids from suppliers prior to award. Authority to commit to purchases up to a certain dollar limit.
- Analyze and interpret contract documents to determine contractual obligations in accordance with government procurement regulations. Identify potential FAR and DFARS issues which could impact the procurement activity.
- Perform material management to maintain supply and inventory levels.
- Establish good working relationship with suppliers while enforcing contract provisions and resolving contract disagreements.
- Prepare well written and fully supported procurement packages in accordance with Supply Chain Management (SCM) Purchasing Department procedures.
- Identify complex issues to bring to the attention of management. May make recommendations to management with respect to resolution of issues.
- Resolve material discrepancies and interpret and implement policies and department operating practices.
- Coordinate all aspects of transportation support to the procurement plan with all affected groups and departments.
- Follow up as appropriate including project performance reporting, impact review, and establishment of approved standard traffic control methods.
- Interface with other NASSCO departments and suppliers to resolve issues affecting procurements, including investigating and resolving disputes and making decisions about delivery, product, and schedule.
- Develop and apply a level of technical expertise regarding materials and services. Understand and utilize Purchasing Department information systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of one year of business experience, Supply Chain experience preferred.
- Practical and working knowledge of business practices and analytical skills that would normally be obtained through the receipt of a degree or work experience.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to evaluate, negotiate and prepare price/cost analysis independently.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft suite.
- Understanding of supply chain functions or related experience.
- Understanding of procurement terms and conditions, rules and regulations.
- Proven ability and desire to learn.
- The employee must be physically able to commute to various areas in the shipyard, including on board the vessels. Must have physical ability to walk to all yard locations for communication with operations and other areas and must be able to tolerate a moderate noise level commensurate with the shipyard production environment.
Reports to SCM Department supervision/ management as assigned.
The employee must be physically able to commute to various areas in the shipyard, including on board the vessels. Must have physical ability to walk to all yard locations for communication with operations and other areas and must be able to tolerate a moderate noise level commensurate with the shipyard production environment.
Accountable for supporting the internal customer through the on-time procurement and delivery of materials and services of the right quantity, quality, and best value for NASSCO in accordance with the standards of conduct and acquisition
General Dynamics NASSCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
To learn more about applicant rights under federal law, click here:
If you have a disability that impacts your ability to complete the job application process and would like to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department.
Call (619) 544-8511 or email This contact information is for accommodation requests only, not to inquire about the status of applications.
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 06:33:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!